Title: Talent Associate (Short-term Contract)
Location: Oakland, California, United States
About Beyond 12
Beyond 12 is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase the number of low-income, first generation, and historically underrepresented students who graduate from our nation’s colleges and universities. Through an innovative technology platform and a student coaching service, Beyond 12 is uniquely positioned to support students all the way from high school into their careers. To that end, we partner with a very broad range of organizations including school districts, charter management organizations, independent high schools, college access organizations, institutions of higher education, and scholarship organizations. Beyond 12’s vision is that one day every student who enrolls in college will be prepared to handle the rigors of higher education and will earn a degree that provides them with meaningful economic and personal prospects.
- You recruited and hired a diverse staff critical to Beyond 12’s growth in their technology products, business development, and customer success program that power the first-of-its-kind high-tech, high-touch coaching model — one that combines a human service with a technology platform.
- Your influence helped to significantly increase the number of students in underserved communities who graduated from college and became our next generation of transformational leaders.
- Design outreach templates for emails and social media posts.
- Screen all resumes and cover letters, and manage candidate progress flow in Workable.
- Manage the design of relevant Workable templates.
- Coordinate all logistics and communications with candidates (e.g. phone interviews, onsite interviews, email communications, etc.).
- On an as-needed basis, design, implement, and train hiring managers on systems and processes that streamline recruitment and hiring.
- You report to Chris Co, Interim COO.
- Collaborate with Chris and Alex Bernadotte, Founder and CEO on their teams’ hires.
- 20% Candidate Outreach
- 60% Candidate Screening
- 20% Interview Planning and Coordination
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years of experience with recruiting and/or talent management
- Fluency with Google Suite (at least Docs, Sheets)
- An undeniable commitment to Beyond 12’s mission and vision
- Natural inclination to step up and lead
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Highly organized
- Commitment to achieving measurable results
Compensation and Benefits
Beyond 12 offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
Beyond 12 is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who were the first in their family to attend college.
Please apply here: https://beyond12.workable.com/jobs/886228/candidates/new
Include a thoughtful cover letter, outlining your interest in working for Beyond 12 and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.