1. Types of Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data and/or Anonymous Data from you when you visit our Site, use our Service or Subscription Service, send us information or communications, and/or when you submit content to our Service. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us.
We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or Subscription Service or otherwise provide to us.
– We collect Personal Data from you, such as your user name, password, first and last name, date of birth, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and imported. account information from a third party service, when you create an account with the Service.
– We collect information that you submit to the Service, such as your grades, transcripts, employment history, extracurricular activities, honors, and awards.
– If you create an account with the Subscription Service, we collect Personal Data from you, such as your user name, password, first and last name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
– If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail or that you submit to us, in order to send you a reply.
1.2 Data Collected Through Technology
– Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you when you visit or use the Site, Service, or Subscription Service, such as browser type and version, operating system, platform, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and a date/time stamp for your visit.
– We may use clear gifs (otherwise known as web bugs or web beacons) to gather information about your visit to the Site, Service, or Subscription Service, such as what you click on and pages and information you viewed. Additionally, be aware that advertisers and partners may also use their own clear gifs and we do not control use of these by advertisers and partners and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are placed on a user’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages.
2. Public Areas
We display your name and public profile information (collectively, your “Public Profile”) when you post content through or use forums, comments, blogs, and other community features of the Service (collectively, “Public Areas”). Your Public Profile is available on the Service to other registered users, and they will be able to personally identify your activities on our Service. If you post content to or use Public Areas or send emails or other messages to other users of our Service, you should be aware that any Personal Data you provide can be read, collected or used by other users of the Service and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in the Public Areas or send to other users.
3. Third Party Services
We allow you to access third party services ("Third Party Services"), such as Facebook, to share content that you post in Public Areas ("Public Content") with those services and to import information about your friends and contacts on those Third Party Services so that you can connect with them on the Service. Some Third Party Services may provide us information to help improve and personalize your experience on the Service. You can adjust your privacy settings on the Service to block the sharing to Third Party Services of your Public Content and the importation of friend and contact information from Third Party Services. You can also adjust your privacy settings with the Third Party Service. For example, to block your Facebook friends from sharing with our Service information about you from their Facebook accounts, adjust your privacy settings on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/privacy).
4. Use of Your Data
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used to provide you with a customized experience, aid us in serving you better, and to respond to your requests. We use your Personal Data to:
– Facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network; Identify you as a user in our system;
– Provide the services and customer support you request
– Analyze request and usage patterns, diagnose problems with our server and administer our Site, Service, and Subscription Service;
– Improve the quality of experience and provide you a personalized experience when you use the Site, Service, or Subscription Service;
– Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories (the e-mails we send may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mail, such as whether the e-mail was opened and/or what links (if any) were clicked);
– Respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
– Send you e-mail messages or postal mail informing you of our products and services and also third party products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
4.2 Aggregation of Your Data
5. Disclosure of Your Data
5.1 Except as described below, we do not share your Personal Data with third parties:
– We may share your Personal Data that we collect through the Service with the schools, colleges, and universities that you tell us that you have attended or are currently attending. These schools, colleges, and universities are required to treat such Personal Data as confidential information.
– We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers under contract to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail or e-mail, storing data, analyzing data, performing quality assurance, providing technical support, providing marketing assistance, verifying identity, and providing customer service. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data only as needed to perform their functions.
6. Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Data
We will have the right to use, and share with third parties, Anonymous Data for any purpose and in any manner. Anonymous Data includes non-personally identifiable data we create from Personal Data by excluding information that makes such data personally identifiable.
7. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
7.1 Your Control of the Use of Your Personal Data
7.2 Changes to Personal Data
You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your settings through the Service or Subscription Service, as applicable. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
8. A Note About Children
Neither our Service nor our Subscription Service is directed to children under the age of 13. We respect the privacy of parents and children and are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
We have commercially reasonable security measures in place to help protect against loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Data in our possession. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Beyond 12 uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Beyond 12 cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. Contacting Beyond 12
49 Stevenson Street, Suite 575
San Francisco, CA 94105.